Stories of Illawarra Rd is a guided audio journey by Marrickville’s locals both past and present. You will hear many of them at the locations these stories have taken place. A narrator will guide you to stop and listen in front of homes, playgrounds, laneways and shopfronts. A walk down Illawarra Road is a walk-through time.
Stories of Illawarra Road, an Audio Walk
- Fully charge your phone
- The walk is 2.2km long
- Allow 90 minutes
- Comfortable walking shoes and a hat are recommended.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Stroller accessible.
- Service animals are allowed.
- The audio is in English.
Driving. If you are driving, there is limited street parking available.
Public Transport to Addison Road. From Marrickville Train Station Cycling, Walking and Bus route
These are some of our favourite places along Illawarra Road to eat and drink!
- Illi Hill Café 72 Illawarra Rd, Marrickville
- The Henson 91 Illawarra Rd,
- Miss Sina 132 Illawarra Rd, Marrickville
- Banh Cuon Ba Oanh 343 Illawarra Rd, Marrickville
- The Yeeros Shop Marrickville 431 Illawarra Rd, Marrickville
- Athena’s Cake Shop 412 Illawarra Rd, Marrickville
- Dana’s Deli Café 416 Illawarra Rd, Marrickville
With special thanks to Rod Aanensen, Chris Ahtypis, Angelo Constantine, Nora Barakat Francis, Gemma Haigh, Peggy Lane, Tina Dana Lopez. Craig Pietersen, Brian Slately, Andrea Andrew Stathopoulos, Cain Stewart, Cecily Su, Theo and Platon Theodoris. This project has been created by Nick Wishart and Claudia Chidiac